Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Well, It's official

 I went today to sign the papers to onboard at the Y in Grant County. 

I met with the current director and I'm still worried. Things that don't make sense.

She doesn't contact parents who's kids don't show up even though they are supposed to be there. 

She doesn't make parents fill in the bus out, bus in, in addition to the sign in and sign out.

She doesn't make parents sign their kids out - staff does that. 

She has one staff person with kids. 

She said she would have to look at the schedule to say what the kids are doing on break next week. I'm not sure she actually has a schedule. 

Licensing will be there in the next 3 months, so she is going to try to be sure she has all the paperwork updated before she leaves, but I'm not confident that will happen. 

On the upside, my future office is huge and beautiful and I can't wait to organize my things within it. 

Fingerprints tomorrow. Drug test and TB test on Friday.

I officially start on Monday. (She has no idea how many kids are expected to show up.)

I heard a quote today that echoes what I've been feeling: 

"You've got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down.”


― Ray Bradbury

I'm worried I'm not qualified. That I'm not ready. That this is a huge mistake. The vibe there is a little wonky right not. I'm sure it has to do with the two that are leaving...I hope that is what is causing the vibe.

I need to fall back on being myself. I think there is a potential for authenticity. 

What are wings made of???

No comments:

Post a Comment