Saturday, April 21, 2018

Brave Boy

How did I give birth to this child?

Don't get me wrong. He looks like my husband and has a bit of my personality. He and I both love singing along to the radio. We metaphorically chase butterflies. We just get on with it. We like to plan but get bored halfway through.

But this child is a morning person. This child is an extrovert. He likes being in a group of people.

This child. This 18 year old young man of ours went to prom tonight alone. He has never been to a dance. He has a lot of friends who are girls, but hasn't been brave enough to ask them out. This child picks the most important night in the life of a Senior to step out alone and says he wanted to go for the experience.

Hubby dropped him off just before 7 when it was starting and we are still awaiting his phone call to come get him -- it is nearly 11.

I am so proud and in awe of his bravery. I would NEVER have done that at 18 and I wouldn't do it now. I hope he is having fun. I hope others are enjoying our bright, funny, quirky, young man. I hope he knows how much I love him.

I can't wait to hear how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment