Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Next Steps

     Only a couple days in and I've already failed at creating a habit. But I have to get back on the horse at one point or another. 

    I'm slowly finding a way to balance. It's easier to see from a bit of a distance. I've felt for so long that I needed to be part of the day to day of my programs-- every day. If I'm not hands on, the program will fail. It's not that I don't, or can't trust my staff, it's just that I'm not there, if things go wrong, I'm to blame. It's my fault. If I'm there, at least blame is earned. 

    But taking a step back, allowing things to happen with my staff, the same way I do with kids, is the way to grow them as individuals as well. They have to be able to make mistakes. I have to give up control in order to gain perspective. It's amazing to learn that there are so many more paths available when you aren't committed to one specific destination.

    

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment