Saturday, December 10, 2022

Light at the end of the tunnel

 It's been a month since my last post. I finally hit the wall. I've been working form 6:30 in the morning until 6 at night every day. That means getting up at 5:15. I now have a fever and my sinuses are killing me. I left really early on Friday and slept 12 hours last night. 

However, I am closer to staffing. I hired 3 young sisters. They are 15 and 16 years old. They can't be left alone, but it helps to fill out the ratio. Two hold overs downtown are on the fence for me. One I think will be ok, but the other is more of a bully. Passive aggressive and lazy. 

I hired someone who it turns out isn't as self-motivated as I would like. He graduates college in a couple weeks, so I'm not sure where we'll be as far as him being employed. 

The offsite at Northview is the reason I have to get up at 5:15 every day. I can't find anyone to work. 

We aren't having a program during winter break, so I can focus on paperwork that has been neglected since before I took over. I'm going to try to find a way to connect with people who may want to work. 

So, I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it isn't a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment