Sunday, February 4, 2018

Lazy Weekend

In February I am alternating days between Gripes and grins. Today is an even day so it is positive.

Yesterday was my hair day. I go every 6-8 weeks to get my hair cut and colored. I usually just come home afterwards, but it was a long week and I wanted  to get away, so I had hubby take me for a date day.

We went to the big city and ate at an Italian restaurant--I have spinach ravioli leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

We then went to a little salvage/antique shop. We channeled our inner Chip and Joanna and planned where we would put pieces in the new house we aren't looking for yet. We did buy an old cast iron wheel, two old windows, and a bell -- because I am acquiring an obsession with old bells.

A trip to the big city isn't complete without a trip to the book store and yesterday it was Half Price. Found a couple of books.

We tried to get cokes from Steak and Shake, but apparently the person two cars ahead was waiting for enough food for a party because the line wasn't moving. We just went to Walmart for groceries and had a coke with dinner at home.

Today we woke up to snow on the ground. Unfortunately too soon to affect school tomorrow --not that I'd want a delay or cancellation. And it's just been a lazy day. I didn't sleep well last night, so hubby and I took a nap this afternoon and I rarely take naps.

We had family game night and are now watching the Super Bowl.  Well Hubby is watching the Super Bowl, I am writing and watching the commercials.

Time to make the popcorn -- on the stove the old fashioned way.
The perfect end to a lazy weekend.

1 comment: