Sunday, April 2, 2023

Aliens

 11:40

It would only take a moment

I had to pick up my prescription,

get some conditioner and hair ties and

then a handful of groceries.

Easy-peasy

In and out in less than 30 

Right?

Wrong.

Prescription wasn't ready, 

so  I looked at wrist braces

for my carpel tunnel.

Phone buzzed that my prescription was ready.

Back on track.

Got the prescription

Got the conditioner and hair ties 

and headed to the grocery aisle

But first I stopped to use the bathroom.

I parked my cart 

containing conditioner and hair ties.

When I came out

cart, conditioner, and hair ties all

Gone

I started over.

This time keeping my cart.

Butter, check

paper towels check

Hershey Syrup, check...

"Oh yeah, I was going to make

Chocolate cherry pie for staff meeting."

Cherry pie filling, check.

"Why is it always 900 degrees

in this store?"

I tie my sweatshirt around my waist.

Bakers chocolate squares, check

"Ugh, I forgot pie crust!"

 back 4 aisles,

Pie crust, Check.

"Now for heavy cream."

Only heavy cream is the name brand

small, more expensive, name brand. 

"Fine."

Time to find my son Matt,

who tagged along to get some things 

himself.

Not in that aisle. 

Not in that aisle.

Not in that aisle.

There he is.

Toss mushrooms in the cart.

Toss in Asiago cheese, 

(neither of which is on

"the list")

and head for the check out.

Check out lady is on the store phone

waiting on a price check. 

Beep, 

Beep,

Beep,

she scans the other order.

Finally, it is our turn.

Any coupons?

Not this time.

Beep,

Beep,

Beep.

Beep.

Card in

Process as Credit

Here's your receipt.

12:45

"How can it be 12:45? 

I only got a couple of things!"

Aliens, it must be aliens.

Every time I grocery shop

I come out feeling 

like I just spent time

in outer space

abducted by aliens

who dropped me back

dazed, confused, and 

emotionally spent.

"I swear I didn't get that much.

How can it be an hours gone by?"

Aliens.

It's gotta be aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment