Sunday, April 23, 2023

Tenacious Brown


 I look at others' eyes and see blue and green.


I look in the mirror and I see brown.

When you have blue or green eyes 

they are described as sky blue, bright blue, emerald green--

beautiful things.

Worse, my brown isn't "golden". 

They don't even have gold flecks.

They are dark brown.

Dark brown eyes don't get beautiful names

I checked.

I got paint chips to compare

Cowboy Boots

Cabin Planks

Dark Earth

Gardner's Soil...

So, dirt

Cool

How about Soul Chocolate, double chocolate,

or roasted coffee?

Soul Chocolate isn't bad, but that color didn't match me.

We finally found a color that camp close--

Autumn Foliage.

Autumn Foliage...

What image does that conjure up?

Look beyond the beautiful reds and oranges that ignite

warmth and joy.

Not the light green of new life or the dark green of

Stability.

Nope, brown. You get brown. 

The brown that missed out on color.

The color that just hangs on. 

Tenacious 

Tenacious Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment