Monday, October 10, 2022

It's my Birthday!

 I hate being the center of attention, so a day where the focus is on you is rough.

I told Matthew he needed to help assuage my neurosis. 

I was getting text messages wishing me a happy birthday. I was anxious about Charlie contacting me about getting started at the Y.  I wanted to hide under the bed. I wanted to go to Olive Garden for lunch. We needed groceries. Matt needed a hair cut. I wanted to hide under the bed. 

We went to Kokomo.

I did get a call from the Y but let it go to voice mail. I meet with Lauren on Wednesday at 10

Sheri texted me to say Happy Birthday, but also to tell me Lori has declined the last few days if I want to see her. I will again be judged, because I don't deal with death like the others. 

I've said goodbye. I've made my peace. I can't sit with death. 

Mark made my homemade pizza and Angel Food Cake. 

It's my birthday. 

It was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment