Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Encyclopedia of Me: Volume I

Loosely based on Amy Krause Rosenthal's Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. 

Encyclopedia of Me: Volume I

Ice Cream: I am not a big ice cream person. I'm actually kind of boring when it comes to ice cream. But... I am also an ice cream snob. I like hard ice cream, not soft serve. From the store, it is usually vanilla - any kind that is all natural ingredients. I like a sprinkle of my coffee, homemade blackberry syrup, or a shot of Kahlua stirred in. We make homemade magic shell with coconut oil and chocolate chips melted together and sometimes whipped cream to top it off.
If getting from an ice cream store, I like coffee ice cream, which I started to like after trying some from Hot Licks in Fairbanks, Alaska. There is a place in Michigan that sells homemade ice cream with blackberry syrup swirled in (that is where we got the idea), that is fantastic.
But. The best ice cream ever, was a kind I tried last summer, at a place called Ursa Major. I think it was called Sleeping Bear Latte. It was coffee ice cream with cinnamon and honey swirled in. Ah-mazing.
So if I'm having ice cream, it has to be real.

Introvert: I am an introvert. True introvert or extrovert is where you get your energy. I can talk in front of people. I can sing camp songs to a crowd. Nervous perhaps, depending on the situation, but not stage fright. But I don't like crowds to just mingle. If I have to I need to get away or I feel the walls close in. And going to the store, wears me out. The lights and high ceilings and wandering people are exhausting. I get home and I need some time to reorient.

No comments:

Post a Comment