Friday, April 6, 2018

Encyclopedia of Me: Volume E

Idea from Amy Krause Rosenthal.

Encyclopedia of Me: Volume E

Education: I went to Valparaiso University for my Freshman year of college with my eventual husband. We transferred to Purdue our sophomore year because, if we had stayed we'd be over forty thousand dollars in debt.
          I was an elementary education major, because I knew I wanted to work with kids. After working at camp, I knew I didn't want to be a teacher, but because it's what I had chosen, I thought I had to stick with it. It wasn't until Senior year that I decided to change my major. I just wanted to graduate, so I chose an English major. It took an extra semester to graduate -- I had to take the 4th semester of French in the Summer semester. I have a BA in English from Purdue University.

Empathic: I am empathic. I feel the energy from a room or a person, and absorb it. It affects me. It can be hard to switch out of it. I think I am a good judge of character because of it. Mark refers to it as my Spidey sense.

Empty Nest: Our boys are 18 and 20. The youngest graduates in June. Both will be working at camp over the summer and at school in the fall. I know they will still be home to visit, but it is the start of our empty nest, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. (see stay-at-home mother)

Eyes:  I have brown eyes. I always wanted green eyes and red curly hair. The typical story of wanting what you don't. If I had to have brown eyes, I wished I could have light brown eyes. But I don't. I don't even have deep chocolate brown eyes. I just have medium brown boring eyes. Sometimes I look in the mirror, and I'm surprised because hubby and both boys have blue eyes. It seems weird to always see blue eyes, except when you look in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment