Monday, March 19, 2018

Mulberry Street

Do you know what happened after school?
Well, on the way to the busses...
Oops. Can't tell you.

I know!
Guess what this one kid did and said at recess.
Well, ...
Nope. Can't tell you that either.

I could maybe tell you what was said in our weekly notes, but I better not. I'll have to leave it at being told if kids don't learn, it is entirely and completely the fault of the teacher and the teacher only.

My favorite Dr. Seuss story is, And to Think that I saw it on Mulberry Street.  I love how the boy is so bored by what he sees every day, he embellishes the stories he plans to tell his dad.

As educators, our days our flush with stories we can never share.
And the sweet stories are just not as interesting.

In the end, Marco tells his dad all he saw was a horse and a wagon on Mulberry Street.

At the end of this day, there were laughs and frustrations. I got some hugs and heard some jokes. I saw some good teamwork, and I saw some complete failure in communication.

And I have some really good stories you'll never know. 

4 days to go to break.


1 comment:

  1. Oh let me tell you about what the kids were talking about at recess!
    Nope, better not.

    You've captured our truth so well!
    Hang in there! 4 MORE DAYS!

    ReplyDelete