Friday, March 17, 2017

Giving Up Forecasts

To Whom it May Concern,

A winter weather advisory they said.
Chance of ice, then snow, before turning to all rain they said.
Advisory in effect from 4am until 11 am they said.

My brain translates this information to...
"Your alarm will go off, but then you will get the call that you are cancelled and you will be able to stay in bed."

As I got ready for bed, I was trying not to hope, because when I hope it never happens. But...
I was hoping the call would come before I got in the shower so I could go back to sleep.

The alarm went off at 5:30. The snooze went off at 5:35.

Winter weather advisory from 4 to 11 still in effect according to AccuWeather app.

No snow locally yet.

Radar shows ice and snow in the western counties.  Looks as though I won't be getting that call THEY promised.

Sadly I made the bed and got in the shower.

Gorgeous sunrise as I pulled into the parking lot at school. Phone pictures do not do it justice.

But even wile appreciating the beauty, I couldn't help but think, "Red sky at morning, Sailors take warning."

As I walked to the clinic with a child I help, I glance out the front doors and see it snowing to beat the band.

It snowed for two hours or so and caused inside recess.

Icy conditions.

No rain. Slush. Slush on the car at the end of the day. Slush in the driveway when I get the mail. Slush causing fog after dark.

They say we will have colder and wetter weather than normal during our spring break. But I don't care. Because I think I will throw caution to the wind and just look out the window in the morning before I get dressed.

Apparently it's as accurate as what "they" do.

Signed,
Gypped in Indiana


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, those days are disappointing. But it's nice that you don't have to go in during a snow day.

    ReplyDelete