Thursday, March 9, 2017

My Biggest Anxiety

I can't stand the phone. To be more precise-- I can't stand talking on the phone. ( I will text all day long.) Not to make appointments. Not to find out information. Not to talk to family or friends. If I actually do have to make a phone call, I have to plan out what I'm going to say, what I think the other person will say, and how I will respond before I pick up the phone.

It wasn't always this way. In High School, I may have caused my parents to add call waiting to our phone.

But now I have mini panic attacks if the phone rings-- even if I recognize the number. Sometimes I will even let it go to voice mail so I can decide if I need to call back or if it is possible to answer in a text or e-mail.

I just can't stand hearing voices and not having the body language to go with it. Even if it it is to be a difficult conversation, I would rather it be face to face or in writing.

Am I the only one?


2 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer a face to face conversation or a text or email over a phone conversation any day! I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I never call you. :-D

    ReplyDelete